Friday, June 29, 2012

How to make a double weave viking knit chain

Here is a quick and easy way to do a double weave viking knit. Start your weave in a single knit and make at least four rows.  I always use copper, so I do not waste any silver.  Add your silver by twisting it onto the copper end. (take a look at my blog on how to hide the ends after adding wire)
The ends will be hidden under the weave as you continue to add more rows.  For a double knit just backtrack two rows onto a single weave and add your wire under the X.  Continue weaving around the dowel always two rows from the bottom of the knit.  This makes a nice dense chain.



2 comments:

  1. It is very nice post.I am impressed from this article.keep share with us.



    Thanks for more info.......





    Jewelry Making Supply

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. I look forward to trying a double knit soon :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking!