Thursday, June 7, 2012

Adding wire for Viking knit Jewelry


Do you ever wonder how to hide the ends when making Viking knit?  I have a trick when I add wire so that it does not show.  In the first picture I have added the wire by twisting it on to the end of the piece that has run out.  I make sure the twist sits under the row of loops so that it will be hidden when the piece is pulled through the draw plate.  This example shows a double Viking knit, but the same process works well with a single knit.  The third picture shows the twist is hidden under the loops giving the weave a nice even look.



Double weave and single weave shown below.


4 comments:

  1. Hi, Thank you for sharing this info about to hide the ends! I am a novice who is about to try viking knit and it's gratifying to know such things.
    I will continue to read ..;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello, I just used your wonderful tip and it works.
    Thank you so much.
    Big hugs, joey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks I am just getting started with viking knit and I'm trying to find the best way to join the new wire. I'm going to give this one a go now.... Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for this effective technique for adding wire to viking knitting. I tried several techniques but I could still tell where I added wire. This one is perfect! So glad I found you and I can share this info with my students.
    Peace, YaYa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking!