Friday, March 11, 2011

Health update and Earrings


Yesterday was a day of celebration around here.  As many of you know, I have been in treatment for breast cancer for the last seven months.  Yesterday was my last radiation treatment!  I have felt like I have been running a race with no end.  But here I am and I made it through!
So what does that have to do with earrings?

My hair is finely growing back since finishing chemo treatments.  This is a hudge deal after being bald for months! My hair is about a quarter of an inch long now. Still very short ( like a boy with a very short buzz cut), so I have been focusing on large earrings. My personal favorite is the large hoop in the last picture. I have these listed in my Etsy shop in three different sizes.
I love the large hoop. It is so nice and light weight I forget that I have them on. These hoops can be custom made in any size.


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your good news -- and I hope it stays that way!! My mom's hair came in beautifully after her chemo; the super-short style really showed off her features. Your earrings are just divine. I cut my hair really short last year and now that I see these I might venture into larger hoops... Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing your radiation treatment, that's a huge achievement! Well done! I hope you remain cancer free.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just might keep my hair short. No bad hair day's that way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings for you! Glad you are finished with radiation treatments. Love both of those earrings. I always have like big earrings... think it is from my "hippie" days. =o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for looking!