Yes, I am an admitted tool junky. I just love great tools. Having good tools to work with just makes the job easier. Before I purchased my first Fretz hammer I was a tad sceptical. Was a $45.00 hammer that much better then a $20.00 hammer? After I started using it, I knew the answer. Now I would like to get the complete set! You can’t beat them for precision and being able to add fabulous texture to metal. And did I mention the smooth handles.
1. Riveting hammer~ This is a must-have for adding rivets to your jewelry designs. The stainless steel head on this hammer has a flat side and chiseled end for forming and riveting.
2. Fretz embossing hammer~What can I say… These are the best! for precise texturing of your designs. This hammer has a beautiful feel and makes a wonderful dotted texture.
3. Fretz narrow raising hammer! This one has a narrow head and makes nice textured lines.
4. Chasing hammer~Has one round flat side for planishing metal and one side for preening and riviting metals.
5. Rawhide mallet~This is great for forming, bending and flatting without marring the metal. I have found this is also handy to use with precious metal clay.
6. Brass head mallet~I use this one for stamping and texture.
7. Plastic head hammer~I use this one to flatten metals without marking them.
8. Ball peen hammer~A great hammer for forming, shaping and flattening metal.
Rings and Things and Rio Grande